Edema is the condition known popularly among people as water retention in the body. It means that there is too much water in the cavities, tissues…This is the reason why sometimes you might feel pain in the ankles, feet, wrists. Very often pregnant women have this kind of situation, because their body deposits more water due to the bigger amount of food they are consuming. Salt is the enemy of the edema; that’s why pregnant women are advised not to consume too much salt during the pregnancy.
EDEMA CAN’T BE FATAL FOR YOUR LIFE, BUT NEVERTHELESS, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE BIGGEST CAUSES OF THIS SITUATION AND FIGHT WITH THEM.
- Processed food dominating on your menu – Due to the toxins and additives we find in the fast food and processed food, your kidneys and liver are endangered.
- Dehydration – if you don’t drink enough water, your body will easily retain water. Don’t forget to drink water even when you are not thirsty.
- Less Vitamin B6 – You might not know, but this type of Vitamin B is important for keeping the balance of water in our bodies. You need to combine this vitamin with food like bananas, pistachios, tuna…
- Exclude a lot of spices and salt – We all love spicy and salty, but take care of the amount of it. Include Himalayan salt in your menu.
- Not enough potassium – if some mineral is crucial for the life of cells and organs – that is potassium. It also has the role of keeping the balance of water. When a person has a potassium deficiency, then the person has weight gain, cramps.
- Not enough magnesium – this is one of the most important minerals in our body. The daily doses of 200 mg of Mg are completely enough for edema to be reduced.
Use more of these herbs in your food: dandelion, hibiscus, fennel, corn silk, parsley, garlic…